Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Work in Progress


The Cabled Riding Jacket, by Teva Durham. Begun in 2006, restarted November 2007, when I realized I was knitting a size too small.

Pictured above: re-knitting the cables at the waist. The knitting was zipping along when I pulled out the first incarnation, thinking I would soon have to unravel that for the yarn. The waist shaping is accomplished in part by spacing the cable crosses closer, which I neglected to do on Take 2. At least I could use the technique the Yarn Harlot taught me, was worried that the one mis-crossed and corrected cable from the earlier incarnation would be wasted. I have finished that portion and am working on the bodice, only on row 6, so the bias slant of the cables isn't obvious yet.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Wow, it looks gorgeous. Hopefully this'll be the one that fits!